Friday, November 10, 2006

Slightly Hungover Friday

Britannica defines hangover as:

Main Entry: hang·over
Pronunciation: 'ha[ng]-"O-v&r
Function: noun
1 : something (as a surviving custom) that remains from what is past
2 a : disagreeable physical effects following heavy consumption of alcohol or the use of drugs b : a letdown following great excitement or excess

I don't drink nearly as much as I used to when I was younger, which makes my liver a happy camper. Yesterday we took out one of my coworkers (and good friends) to reward her for all of her hardwork in the redesign of our science database product. Well I usually only go to have just a drink, but my coworkers love to see me drink. I hear "What are you having?" as soon as I step foot in the bar. Well I had about four beers and two cocktails by the end of the night, thanks to the generosity of these splendid people. I did buy a round, don't think I'm completely opportunistic. I'll probably get them the next time around.

Anyway, I'm in a good mood, but I feel like I'm dragging a bit. I just chugged some water. I need to get something to eat soon. And I have to work late!

At least I have a story concept that came to mind today:
Kind of Mission Impossible type scenario. Imagine a team composed of a programmer and two car enthusiast (one that works at a dealership--the other a casual follower of all the ins and outs of the automotive industry). Their objective is to prank MotoTrend Readers (or in this case website viewers) into believing that one of the contenders for the 2020 Car/SUV/Truck of the Year really won, before Mototrend releases the information. ***Note MotoTrend will be used instead of MotorTrend***

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that stinks- i wrote you this whole response and it vanished.....

Basically I said you were beyond drunk when I spoke to you (drunk like a bud commercial- I love you man)

I also said you dont keep secrets when you're drunk.....

thats all...im tired.... TGIF
tara

Excalibur said...

Well that sucks, re: the typing. I remember the conversation, LOL. I don't remember me telling a secret, you know how deliberate I am, even when I'm drunk (I just have less tact).

If Kwesi saw that he would really laugh.