Thursday, November 23, 2006

All the hard work...

I got home last night a bit tipsy from the powerful frozen Long Island Iced Tea from BBQs. I just didn't feel up to cooking. I talked to Al twice and then I passed out. I was supposed to get up by 2, but I couldn't get myself up. Luckily I had done some prep work before I fell asleep. I made sure the turkey and chicken were defrosted. I put on the potatoes and sweet potatoes.

I bounced up at 4--cleaned the turkey and got it on by 4:30. The chicken was in the oven by 5:00. I went back to sleep for an hour, woke up basted the birds and then fell back asleep for another hour. By that time mom was up. I went to defend my territory, so to speak, LOL. It wasn't necessary. She was amazing--stayed out of the way for the most part.

The turkey was done by 10:30 (17.34 lbs). I put the yams on made the potato salad and then passed back out until 2.

I'm sure I've had a full nights sleep. The food looks great. The family probably won't get here until 6. I've already had spiked egg nog so it isn't as much of a concern.

Hope your thanksgiving was amazing!

No comments: