Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Off With Their Heads



This will probably be the last political type blog from me for awhile. However, I am very happy that Americans have voted overwhelmingly in favor of a change in the political direction that our glorious nation shall proceed in.

Of course this is my optimism bubbling over. It was nice to even see that W. realized what the implications of the election results, to the downfall of Donald Rumsfeld, whom I feel a tad bit sorry for, in that he is clearly a scapegoat. Everyone has joined the bandwagon that says the problems in Iraq should be blamed on our former Secretary of Defense.

While I believe Rumsfeld deserves some of the blame, I also believe he articulated the policies that were dictated to him by the Bush administration (which was supported by some Republicans--a house very much divided at the moment). Lets see what the new chap, Robert Gates, will bring to the office. I suspect more covert operations and more of the same bullshit that we've been accustomed to.

Alas, I must end this political post wondering what direction will our country truly go in--over the course of the next two years. I predict all the players for Presidency will become extremely vocal, pre-campaigning, making sure the masses know who they are and what they believe in. All they have to do is await public opinion polls and adopt the opinions of the voters. If it sways toward the President...if it sways away from the President...politics doesn't offer room for too much originality. There are established tricks to the trade (though Karl Rove deserves a bit of credit for his campaign trickery).

Get your tickets for the sideshow Ladies and Gentlemen. Come one, come all!

No comments: