Friday, November 03, 2006

Dreaming With Eyes Wide Open




This is an impromptu poem dedicated to my lovely lady friend:

Dreaming With Eyes Wide Open

There were years when I walked through life,
eyes wide open, eyes wide shut.
Disillusioned, was I, about the way the world was,
about the way world is,
about the way the world should be.

I was happy, eyes wide open, eyes wide shut.
I said a prayer for happiness,
for one who I could share my dreams with,
for one who would love me,
for one who would not judge me.

When my prayer was realized,
I still dipped my toe into the water slowly,
always cautious, yet at times recklessly,
mischievously plunging head first,
with my whole body immersed in her essence.

As I came to the surface, born again,
a disciple of love and the power of prayer,
I continued to dream,
not so much of fairytale endings,
but of my life now,
where it will be,
eyes wide open,
holding onto my dreams.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blushes*
I love you, baby.

Excalibur said...

I love you too.